- Download a list of standard charges for each billable hospital service or item (chargemaster)
- Download a list of the standard Medicare charges for each diagnosis related group (DRG)
Although Medicare requires hospitals to post these lists, they are not helpful tools for patients to estimate out-of-pocket costs for the following reasons:
- Costs will vary based on patients' individual health circumstances – including other relevant health conditions, how long the services take to perform, and what medications are required.
- Costs will vary based on negotiated health plan and government rates, patients' insurance plan benefits and how insurance companies process the charges.
- These lists reflect hospital charges, and do not include charges for services provided by doctors and other providers (professional fees).
- These amounts change frequently.
- Patients may be eligible for financial assistance.
The best way to get information about the estimated cost of your care and available financial assistance is to contact our Patient Financial Services department at 617.414.5155 or email@example.com.
Your health plan can also help you to understand your insurance coverage, which charges will be covered, how much you will be billed, information on deductibles and your expected out-of-pocket responsibility.